If this applies to you, you are not alone.
Speaking from experience of having been subject to shielding advice and not being able to continue running my own self employment and visiting clients, I know how you may be feeling.
Anxiety, overwhelm or depression can be extremely wearing - but there are lots of things that can be suggested for you to try doing that may help you cope better.
There are many different ways to reduce our levels of anxiety. For some people practising
- Adult Colouring in - might sound childish but this is really good for unwinding your thoughts.
- Word games/puzzles are really great distractions to focus the mind
- Mindfulness - gives them a sense of normality and eases tension that can be built up
- Guided Meditation - where someone talks you through each step of the meditation.
- Reflexology - classic reflexology is a holistic treatment that can be done on the feet or hands. And treats the body as a whole, each part of the hand/foot relates to a different part of the body and is super relaxing.
- Indian Head Massage - this therapy works on the back, shoulders, neck, scalp & face is deeply relaxing & I would recommend it to anyone.
- There are many other complementary therapies that may also reduce these feelings so that you struggle less with the idea of going back to work.
I am happy to recommend activities that I use to ease anxiety, cope with depression & PTSD. Email me at Fiona@fionasfootcare.co.uk or
Private message me on Messenger or Facebook
- if you would like more information on coping with mental health. I am no counsellor or doctor, but I would happily coach you if that is something you would be interested in.